Roundabouts are a forward-thinking solution to stop signs and expensive signalized intersections.
Facts about roundabouts that you may not know:
The roundabout intersection is safer, more efficient and economically more effective.
- Roundabouts save lives because there are no left turn.
- Injury accidents decline with the use of roundabouts.
- Traffic delays are fewer when roundabouts are in place.
- Roundabouts help save on fuel costs because fewer traffic stop and goes.
- Maintaining roundabouts is less of a burden to taxpayers than a traditional intersection.
- If you miss your turn, you get as many chances as you need to correct that situation.